These resources are for school groups, families, and anyone wanting background materials and activities related to ASM's exhibits. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Self-Guided Discovery Hunts for Paths of Life (Based on the information presented in our guided-tour program)
- Seri (2nd–5th grades) PDF
- Seri (6th and up grades) PDF
- Yaqui (2nd–5th grades) PDF
- Yaqui (6th and up grades) PDF
- O'odham (2nd–5th grades) PDF
- O'odham (6th and up grades) PDF
- Apache (2nd–5th grades) PDF
- Apache (6th and up grades) PDF
- Navajo (2nd–5th grades) PDF
- Navajo (6th and up grades) PDF
- Hopi (2nd–5th grades) PDF
- Hopi (6th and up grades) PDF
Paths of Life Exhibit Self-Guided Tour Materials for Teachers: Background information (including an exhibit map) on the 10 culture groups presented in the Paths of Life exhibit.
Let's Find Animals: A fun, literacy-learning activity for pre-K through first-grade museum visitors and their adult attendants.
4th grade and up: A Study of Human Adaptations in the Paths of Life exhibit is a field journal activity that can be done in small groups or individually, and connects well with class lessons on the scientific method, environmental science, and anthropology.
Resources for Other Exhibits
Self-Guided Discovery Hunt for The Pottery Project
Visitor Discussion Guide for Life Along the River
Smithsonian Learning Lab: The Smithsonian’s Learning Lab collections are rich resources that can bring the world into your classroom.