UPDATED 11/20/20: Our galleries remain temporarily closed to the public. We do not yet have a re-opening date to announce. Until we can welcome you back, stay connected with us on Facebook, and Twitter. Join us for online talks and master classes. Explore our online exhibits and learning resources.
Photography and Videography Policy
Photography and Videography Policy at Arizona State Museum
- Non-flash photography and phone videography for individual personal use is permitted (unless restrictions are posted or otherwise noted) provided that one does not disrupt the experiences of other guests, and does not block access to exhibitions, entrances/exits, bathrooms, and/or high-traffic areas.
- Flash, video lights, tripods are not allowed in the galleries (unless permitted by ASM Operations).
- Commercial or professional photography and videography by on- and off-campus entities are prohibited unless prior arrangements and permissions have been granted by ASM Operations (520-621-4096). There may be a fee and special insurance required for photo shoots, filming, and interviews conducted in our buildings.
- Class-related student projects must be pre-arranged through an ASM faculty member.
- Credentialed members of the media may contact the ASM marketing office (520-626-8381) about photography and videography at public events, in the galleries, or elsewhere in the museum, and to set up interviews with ASM personnel.
- Photographers are solely responsible for any violation of copyright law (Title 17, United States Code).
- To request images, and for permission to use images, from the ASM Photographic Collections, contact Jannelle Weakly at email@example.com or 520-621-6311.