Plan Your Visit
Arizona State Museum is located on the University of Arizona campus, just inside the Main Gate at Park Ave and University Blvd, in Tucson, Arizona. You may notice that we have two buildings, one on the south side of University Blvd and one on the north side of University Blvd. All public exhibits and programs are in the north building. The street address for the north building is 1013 E. University Blvd.
If you are driving to us from Interstate 10, take the Speedway/University of Arizona exit (exit 257). Proceed east on Speedway to Euclid Avenue. Turn south on Euclid Avenue for the parking garages (see below for parking instructions). We are just one block east of both parking garages noted below.
Our galleries and museum store are open Monday through Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. We are closed on Sundays and federal and state holidays.
- $8.00 for adults (18+)
- $6.00 for seniors (65+); UAMA and CCP members; AAHS and SMRC affiliate members; AAM and Smithsonian members; active/reserve military personnel; groups of 10 or more (valid ID or verification required)
- Free for ASM members with valid ID; Native Americans; children 17 and under; University of Arizona Cat Card holders; Pima Community College students with valid student ID; Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) card holders
- Admission is free for those attending meetings; for those with appointments with staff; for those who wish only to study in the library or shop in the museum store
Convenient garage parking is available for a small fee on weekdays just one block from the museum at either Euclid Avenue and Second Street (adjacent to the Marriott University Park Hotel) or Euclid Avenue and Fourth Street. Garage parking is free on weekends, except when large, campus-wide events occur such as football and basketball home games and the Tucson Festival of Books.
The closest disabled parking spaces are just north of our north building along James E. Rogers Way (aka North Campus Drive). Contact Visitor Parking at 520-621-3710 or stop by their offices at 1117 E. 6th Street for a UA-specific disabled permit ($8/day), which must be displayed in addition to your state-issued disabled license plate or hang placard.
SunTran Bus Route #1 stops right in front of ASM. Refer to the Sun Tran web site for routes, times, and fare information: http://www.suntran.com/routes.php
Sun Link’s Modern Streetcar operates daily from 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 am. Stop 15 at University and Tyndall is closest to ASM. Click here for a printable route map: http://www.sunlinkstreetcar.com/documents/images/Route_Map.jpg
How Much Time to Allow
Allow at least one hour for your visit. A comprehensive tour of the content-rich exhibits could take more than two hours. Don’t forget to allow yourself some time to shop in the museum store!
Photography and Videography Policy
- Photography and videography for individual personal use is permitted (unless otherwise noted).
- Flash, video lights, tripods are not allowed in the galleries.
- Commercial photography/videography is prohibited unless prior arrangements have been made through the ASM marketing office.
- Class-related student projects must be pre-arranged through an ASM faculty member.
- Credentialed members of the media may contact the ASM marketing office at 520-626-8381 about photography (and interviews) at public events and in the galleries.
- Photographers are solely responsible for any violation of copyright law (Title 17, United States Code).
Arizona State Museum has no in-house café. There are, however, more than 25 restaurants, cafés, and bars just meters from the museum on Main Gate Square.
Other Attractions On Campus
Enjoy our beautiful park-like campus by strolling to other nearby museums and attractions.