Holiday Scheduling in the Repatriation Office
The Repatriation Office will be closed from 12/19/2022 through 1/3/2023. Please see below for scheduling information for services related to Burial Discovery Agreement issuance.
Repatriation Office Holiday Scheduling Deadlines at a Glance
- 11/21/2022: Last day to approve quotes for General and Standard Burial Discovery Agreements to ensure delivery by 12/16/2022.
- 11/23/2022: Last day to submit forms and payment for Standard and General Burial Discovery Agreements to ensure delivery by 12/16/2022 (if paying by check, this is the date by which payment must be received). Please note the following:
- Expedited Burial Discovery Agreement Application requests are unavailable between 11/21/2022 and 1/3/2023
- Due to the nature of Project-specific agreements and Tribal office closures, delivery cannot be guaranteed for these agreements before the holiday closure.
- 12/16/2022: Final day Burial Discovery Agreements will be issued until 1/3/2023
- 12/19/2022-1/2/2023: Holiday closure. Please continue to report all disturbances of human remains and protected cultural items to email@example.com during this time.
- 1/3/2023: Normal services resume.
Mandated Programs Holiday Season Scheduling Information
Please visit the main Arizona State Museum Cultural Resources Management Services website for general information on Mandated Programs holiday scheduling.
Arizona State Museum administers the protection, respectful treatment, and repatriation of human remains encountered on state and private land in Arizona (ARS § 41-844 and § 41-865, respectively). State lands means lands owned or controlled by the State of Arizona or by any agency, instrumentality, or political subdivision of the State of Arizona, including any county or municipal corporation.
Among its responsibilities, the Repatriation Office oversees:
- Disturbances of human remains on state (ARS § 41-844) and private (ARS § 41-865) land in Arizona and their repatriation.
- Burial Discovery Agreements for planned projects when there is reasonable expectation that human remains may be encountered.
- Reports on the inadvertent disturbance of human remains.
- Consultations regarding human remains disturbances.
Reports on inadvertent disturbances of human remains can be made to the Repatriation Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. General questions about state repatriation can be directed to Cristin Lucas (520-626-0320, email@example.com) or Stacy Ryan (520-626-2950, firstname.lastname@example.org).
All requests for service from the ASM Repatriation Office use the ASM Request Quote for Services website at: https://uavpr.arizona.edu/ASM/quoterequest. Please note that in addition to filling out the form on the quote request website, forms and additional backup documentation are required for all services. Links to forms, form instructions, and other guidance documents may be found here.