Cultural Resources Management Services
Mandated Programs Holiday Season Scheduling Information
- Mandated Programs Offices will be closed to the public 12/18/2023 through 1/1/2024.
- Expedited ASM services are generally unavailable between 11/13/2023 and 1/1/2024. However, this may vary by individual office. Expedited service availability starts again on 1/2/2024.
- In order to receive deliverables by 12/15/2023, please note the following general deadlines:
- Quote requests must be submitted through the ASM Request Quote for Services Website no later than 4:00 pm on 11/13/2023.
- Quotes must be approved by 4:00 pm on 11/15/2023.
- Associated forms must be received by 4:00 pm on 11/17/2023.
- Invoice payments must be received by 4:00 pm on 11/17/2023.
- Value-added services (e.g., Document Requests) may be exceptions to these deadlines.
- Routine service schedules resume on 1/2/2024.
Please also note:
- Continue to report the discovery of human remains or intent to disturb human remains to Cristin Lucas and Stacy Ryan by email (email@example.com) or by phone at 520-626-0320 or 520-626-2950.
- Continue to report archaeological and paleontological discoveries to Shannon Plummer by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone at 520-621-4795.
- Continue to email Notification of Intent (NOI) forms to the ASM centralized email account (email@example.com No acknowledgement or other approval of this notification is required for work to begin.
For more information about holiday scheduling in each ASM Mandated Programs office, please visit the webpage for each office.
Pursuant to the Arizona Antiquities Act (AAA; A.R.S. § 41-841 et seq.), the Arizona State Museum (ASM) administers the preservation of archaeological and paleontological discoveries on state lands in Arizona. State land is defined as land owned or controlled by the State of Arizona or by any agency, instrumentality, or political subdivision of the State of Arizona, including any county or municipal corporation.
Among ASM's state-mandated responsibilities:
- ASM maintains site records in the Archaeological Records Office (ARO), curates archaeological collections in the Archaeological Repository, and project reports and records in ASM's library and archives under terms of the Arizona Antiquities Act.
- ASM's Permits Office issues permits for archaeological and paleontological surveys and excavations conducted on state land.
- ASM's State Repatriation Office oversees the discovery and repatriation of human remains encountered on state (A.R.S. § 41-844) and private (A.R.S. § 41-865) land in Arizona.
The Cultural Resources Management Services web pages provide information on all aspects of the museum's state-mandated responsibilities and provides access to electronic documents, forms, and hyperlinks to key references. All service requests must be through the ASM Request Quote for Services website found at: https://asmquoterequest.oasis-prod.arizona.edu/ASM/quoterequest/
- Report archaeological and paleontological discoveries to Shannon Plummer (firstname.lastname@example.org or 520-621-4795).
- Report human remains encounters to Cristin Lucas (email@example.com or 520-626-0320).
- Click here for a list of archaeological consultants that can assist in complying with state and private land laws for state in Arizona.
Routine Office Hours
- Archaeological Records Office - Open Tuesday through Thursday, by appointment
- Archaeological Repository - Open Monday through Friday, by appointment
- Permits Office - Open Monday through Friday, by appointment
- Repatriation Office - Open Monday through Friday, by appointment
- Library - Open to the public Tuesday through Thursday, 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Archives - By appointment only, Tuesday through Thursday, 11:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.