- Service* animals are allowed. Pets, fur babies, therapy, and emotional support animals are not allowed.
- *Service animals are working animals, not pets. The work or task a dog has been trained to provide must be directly related to the person's disability. Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under Title II and Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Our north building (the Raymond H. Thompson Building) is wheelchair accessible. All exhibits are on the first floor. There is an elevator to the library on the second floor and to offices on the third floor.
- We have two wheelchairs to offer, free of charge for the duration of a visit, available on a first-come-first-served basis. Inquire at the admission desk.
- Most exhibit videos are captioned.
- With advance request, we can provided modified tours of the exhibits for those with visual or hearing impairments.
- Color blind? We have six pairs of Enchroma glasses available by request, free of charge for the duration of a visit, available on a first-come-first-served basis. Inquire at the admission desk.
- We offer docent-guided tours of the exhibits in Spanish with advance request. Click here to submit a form for a docent-guided tour with special requests.