Holiday Scheduling in the Archaeological Repository
The Archaeological Repository will be closed to the public 12/18/2023 through 1/1/2024. Please see below for scheduling information for services related to Repository Agreement issuance and scheduling Phase 2 project submission deliveries.
Repository Holiday Scheduling Deadlines at a Glance
- 11/15/2023: Last day to approve quotes for Project Registrations and Repository Agreements to ensure delivery by 12/15/2023
- 11/17/2023: Last day to submit forms and payment for Project Registrations and Request for Repository Agreement Forms to ensure delivery by 12/15/2023 (if paying by check, this is the date by which payment must be received)
- 12/15/2023: Last day to receive ASM Repository Agreements. Also the last day the ASM Repository will be taking in mailed deliverables and last day for which Phase 2 project submission deliveries can be scheduled.
- 12/18/2023-1/1/2024: Holiday closure
- 1/2/2024: Normal services resume
Repository Services Subject to Holiday Scheduling
- Project Registrations and Repository Agreements: 11/13/2023 is the last day to submit quote requests for Project Registrations (ASM Accession numbers) and Repository Agreements. To ensure delivery by 12/15/2023, all completed forms must be received by ASM staff and the invoice must be paid by 11/17/2023. Expedited Repository Agreements are generally unavailable between 11/13/2023 and 1/1/2024.
- Phase 2 Project Submission Delivery: Please note that the ASM Repository will be closed to the public from 12/18/2023-1/1/2024. Dates for project deliveries will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis and can only be scheduled when Phase 1 review has been completed.
Mandated Programs Holiday Season Scheduling Information
Please visit the main Arizona State Museum Cultural Resources Management Services website for general information on Mandated Programs holiday scheduling.
Arizona State Museum oversees the nation’s largest and busiest state-operated archaeological repository. The repository curates archaeological collections from state, federal, and private lands under repository service agreements.
Among its responsibilities, the archaeological repository oversees:
- Issuance of ASM repository agreements.
- Management, intake, and in-perpetuity curation for artifacts, cataloged objects, digital images, and project materials from monitoring, testing, and data recovery projects on state land in Arizona.
All requests for curation services from the ASM Repository start by using the ASM Request Quote for Services website found at: https://asmquoterequest.oasis-prod.arizona.edu/ASM/quoterequest/. Please note that in addition to filling out the form on the quote request website, forms and additional backup documentation are required for all services. Links to forms, form instructions, and other guidance documents may be found here.
- Request curation services by also completing and submitting the Request for Repository Services Agreement. Collections must meet the requirements outlined in ASM's Repository Manual.
- Repository collections are available for research Monday through Friday by appointment. Complete and submit the Request for Access to Collections form.
Kathryn MacFarland, Ph.D., RPA
Manager, Archaeological Repository
Arizona State Museum / University of Arizona
P.O. Box 210026
Tucson, AZ 85721-0026